The Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity is pleased to announce the Biodiversity Day 2022 slogan: “Building a shared future for all life”.
• “Building a Shared Future for all Life,” highlights
biodiversity is the foundation upon which we can build back better
• Slogan conveys biodiversity, from ecosystem-based approaches to climate and/or nature-based solutions to climate, health, food/water security, and sustainable livelihoods is the answer to many sustainable development challenges
• Slogan builds on momentum generated over the past two years in support of the post-2020 global biodiversity framework to be adopted later this year in Kunming, China.
Biodiversity remains the answer to several sustainable development challenges. From nature-based solutions to climate, health issues, food and water security, and sustainable livelihoods, biodiversity is the foundation upon which we can build back better.
- António Guterres, United Nations Secretary-General
Part of the International Day for Biological Diversity focuses on biodiversity as the foundation for our food and health and as a key catalyst for transforming food systems and improving human well-being. Join the conversation, take action, and be a catalyst for change! Below is a list of things that you can do to conserve and sustainably use biodiversity for your well-being:
*Reduce your meat consumption
*Eat and purchase seasonal foods
*Buy local foods
*Reduce your food waste
*Compost your food scraps
*Reduce food packaging by using reusable bags or reusing
*Avoid single-use plastics like plastic straws, coffee cups,
*Promote local and indigenous biodiversity for food and
1. International Day for Biological Diversity - 2022 Theme