National Donor Day - National Donate Life Month
NationalDonorDay - April is National Donate Life Month
National Donate Life Month manages and promotes Donate Life℠, the national brand for the cause of donation; motivates the public to register as organ, eye and tissue donors; provides education about living donation; manages the National Donate Life Registry at RegisterMe.org; and develops and executes effective multi-media campaigns to promote donation National Donate Life (Blue and Green) Day
Make Lunch Count Day
National Peach Cobbler
Light Fresh Peach Cobbler http://bit.ly/2IMMWJi
Photo of the Day
On this Day in History
1902 Baron Philippe de Rothschild was born (died Jan 20, 1988). Innovative member of legendary Bordeaux wine-growing family.
1916 Funk Brothers Seed Company sold the first U.S. shipment of hybrid seed corn to Samuel Ramsay of Jacobsburg, Ohio.
1916 Edna Lewis was born, southern chef and author of 'The Taste of Southern Cooking' (1976).
2008 The National Meats Institute in Uruguay organized a record Largest BBQ, grilling about over 26,000 pounds of beef on a mile long bbq grill using 6 tonnes of charcoal.
2013 John Galardi died (born March 4, 1938). Founder of Wienerschnitzel (originally Der Wienerschnitzel) hot dog fast food chain. (Hot Dog Trivia and Facts)
News and Blogs
2. 10 Ways to Get Kids Cooking Breakfast - Mom's Kitchen Handbook @MKHandbook https://www.momskitchenhandbook.com/uncategorized/how-to-get-kids-to-make-breakfast/
3. Should You Be Taking Pre-Workout Supplements? Benefits, safety, and downsides http://bit.ly/2HwW1GF #RDN Pam Bede, Torey Armul #Shape
4. 10 highlights from the 2018 Farm Bill. Updated farm bill addresses the SNAP program while delivering much-needed support and certainty to farmers and ranchers. http://bit.ly/2qtlnNy
5. Women who are older when they enter menopause may have a slight advantage when it comes to keeping key memory skills as they age, British study reports https://wb.md/2vav1Ks
6. Healthy Plant-Based Diets Are Associated with Lower Risk of All-Cause Mortality in US Adults | The Journal of Nutrition http://bit.ly/2ISXner
7. How to perk up your sad desk salad. Rachel Berman, #RDN https://nbcnews.to/2IQXG9i
8. Brussels sprouts push nutrition in classic Caesar salad http://bit.ly/2GZ0zIQ