National Family Month is celebrated every year from Mother's Day through Father's Day.
May 15th is the United Nations International Day of Families.
The 2020 observance focuses on families, family policies and major SDG13 targets:
SDG 13 target 13.3: Improve education, awareness-raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning
SDG 13 target 13.2: integrate climate change measures into national policies, strategies, and planning
The panel discussion highlights:
- Inter-generational approach to sustainability
- Sustainable development education & practice
- Sustainable family farming from an indigenous perspective
- ‘Greening the blue’ and other good practices at the United Nations and beyond
- The observance is organized by the Division for Inclusive Social Development of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs and the Global Communications Civil Society.
The Family Meal, a Tradition Celebrated Worldwide