Whole Grain Date Walnut Bread, Modified
Original recipe: What would Cathy eat? Date Nut Bread
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup boiling water
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup oat flour
2 tablespoons ground flax
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the dates and boiling water in a small bowl and let stand for 15 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, briskly whisk together the egg, oil, sugar and vanilla.
4. In a large bowl, combine the flours, flax, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon.
5. Stir in the dates with their liquid, along with the egg mixture and stir just to combine. Fold in the walnuts.
6. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool thoroughly before slicing.
Ensure accurate nutritional analysis for your recipes utilizing an extensive research database and over 25 years experience. A valuable service for the Recipe Blogger, Media, Cookbook Publishers, Writers, Chefs, and Recipe Websites. Your readers will benefit from the Nutrition information and a Registered Dietitian. Contact: Dietitians-Online.com; Sandra Frank, Ed.D, RDN, LN at email@example.com