Monday, December 31, 2012

December 31, 2012 Celebrating One Year of Living Smoke-free

Today is my one year anniversary of living smoke-free. After 45 years of smoking, on December 31, 2011 I quit smoking cigarettes. The decision was easier than I expected. I just got out of the hospital for facial bacterial cellulitis. My face was swollen, my eyes forced closed, and when I tried to speak it was hard to understand me as I wiped away the drool of saliva - all from an infection in my mouth – all related to years of smoking. 



The infection would eventually clear up, but I was left with having all my upper teeth and most of my bottom teeth removed. I never saw myself as vain, but I was horrified at the woman staring back at me in the mirror. I love to laugh and smile. It took over 6 months for dentures to be prepared so I could smile again.

For the young who believe, you have all the time in the world to quit; time passes quickly and some damage cannot be undone. For the older people who believe it is too late; unless you are a fortune teller you have no idea what the future holds.


This year I saved $6,055.50.
This year I earned 70.1 days.
This year I had 1,614,800 Smoke-Free Breaths.
This year I spent quality time with my son, family and friends.
This year I started a garden.
This year I began a photography program.
This year I took the time to enjoy the taste of foods and breathe fresh air.

Thank you Quit for Life Program https://www.webcoach.net/






Dietitian Blog List