Day of the Mushroom
#DayoftheMushroom - Nutrition Profile http://bit.ly/2qBMDt3
National Eggs Benedict Day
#NationalEggsBenedictDay - a day set aside to enjoy poached eggs with Hollandaise sauce and Canadian bacon or ham on English muffin halves. http://bit.ly/2H6AcwB
Today in Food History
1521 Martin Luther arrived at the Diet of Worms. This was NOT the first fad diet.
1890 Donald Forsha Jones was born (died June 19, 1963). American geneticist who invented the double-cross method of hybrid corn development, making the production of high-yielding hybrid corn practical.
1906 William James Farrer died. An Australian agriculturist, he developed new varieties of wheat.
1928 Ellsworth Milson Statler died. American hotel owner, founder of Statler Hotels. His Statler Hotel in Buffalo, New York was the first hotel in the U.S. to have running water and private baths in each room.
1941 The original Elsie the Cow died. Elsie the cow was originally a cartoon character appearing in ads for Borden Milk. She is buried in Plainsboro, New Jersey.
News and Blogs
1. Time to Swoon for Mushrooms! #DayoftheMushroom @brghealth http://brghealth.com/time-to-swoon-for-mushrooms/
2. Mediterranean Spinach Salad with Feta and White Beans #meatlessmonday Elena Paravantes #RDN http://bit.ly/2qDzu2H
3. Does ginger help nausea? #NutritionAction http://bit.ly/2H31doE
4. FDA Investigates Salmonella Infections Linked to Shell Eggs from Rose Acre Farms. Affected eggs are from plant number P-1065 w/date range of 011 through date of 102 printed on either the side portion or principal side of the carton or package http://bit.ly/2JPJWwN
5. Why ‘healthy’ snacks could be stopping you from losing weight Leanne Ward, #RDN https://ind.pn/2HDu7sB
6. Grocery Stores Get Mostly Mediocre Scores On Their Food Waste Efforts https://n.pr/2IYVmx6 7. #EarthDay (April 22) is a perfect time to look at food choices and how they affect the planet http://bit.ly/2qClB5Q
7. The Dilemma of the #GlutenFreeDiet https://on.wsj.com/2EOoRPD